Trusted Sources for Threat Intelligence and Cybersecurity Information
Notes from ISC2-TC November 2019 Meeting
Last month the Twin Cities chapter of (ISC)2 held a meeting on the topic of trusted sources for threat intelligence. We have compiled a list of resources suggested in the meeting and published it here. This list is not comprehensive. Most of these sites allow you to sign up and they provide the content via email.
Special shout out and thanks to Bob Weiss for the majority of the links provided in this document. Also to Sulaiman Muhammad for helping prepare for this meeting.
The threat intelligence sources are listed below. Here are some favorite sites from members of the Twin Cities (ISC)2 Chapter.
- Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/
- Twitter.com following various security professionals
- Dark Reading: https://www.darkreading.com
- IT Pro Today: https://www.itprotoday.com/
- SANS Newsletter: https://www.sans.org/newsletters
- Krebs on Security https://krebsonsecurity.com/ Journalist turned cybersecurity researcher always has something worth reading.
- Schneier on Security https://www.schneier.com/ An expert on cryptography, cybersecurity researcher, speaker, and writer.
- AlienVault Open Threat Exchange https://otx.alienvault.com/
- The Internet Protocol Journal http://ipj.dreamhosters.com/internet-protocol-journal/issues/current-issue/
- US-CERT/CISA https://www.us-cert.gov/ncas Sign up for information on current activity, daily alerts, weekly bulletins, and periodic analysis reports.
- CIS Center for Internet Security MS-ISAC Multistate Information Sharing and Analysis Center https://www.cisecurity.org/ms-isac/ There are other ISAC groups for other industry sectors, sign up at the National Coucil of ISACs. https://www.nationalisacs.org/
- IT-ISAC https://www.it-isac.org/blog
- Malwarebytes blog https://blog.malwarebytes.com/
- Wired https://wired.com
- Ethical Hacker Network https://ethicalhacker.net
- SecureWorld https://www.secureworldexpo.com/resources and https://www.secureworldexpo.com/industry-news
- Sophos Naked Security Blog https://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/
- KnowBe4 Cyberheist News https://blog.knowbe4.com/
- TechRepublic https://techrepublic.com TechRepublic allows you to subscribe to dozens of different topic areas.
- Good Morning Silicon Valley/Mercury News https://www.mercurynews.com/
- TechDirt https://www.techdirt.com/
- Wordfence Blog https://www.wordfence.com/blog/ Critically important if you run a WordPress site, and a good source of web site security information for other website CMS platforms.
- WyzGuys Cybersecurity https://wyzguyscybersecurity.com This is the cybersecurity blog of our chapter secretary, Bob Weiss