Bringing Order Out of Chaos in IT
So, you want to be a CIO? In his new book entitled “Bringing Order Out of Chaos in IT”, Greg Knight shares what some are calling a “Blueprint” for how to do the CIO role. Focusing on his experiences in transforming under-performing IT & PMO departments, he shares his two-stage strategy of “fix the engines” (creating a reliable software delivery organization) then “steer the ship” (leveraging leadership, innovation, mergers & acquisitions, modernizing legacy products, etc.) to guide a company into the future with increased revenue and influence in their industry.
Chapter subjects include:
- What to do on day #1 of walking into a new situation
- Emergency measures
- Short/Medium/Long term steps
- Defining the vision and taking people with you
- An efficient engineering program of continual improvements
- Using process to streamline engineering
- Learning from mistakes
- How to create a Technical career path for folks who don’t want to be managers
Greg Knight has been an executive IT consultant & CIO/CTO for over 15 years, and his qualifications include: Chartered Engineer (PhD) in Computer Science, Chartered Information Technology Practitioner, Bachelor of Science Honors degree in Computer Science & Physics, and a Fellow of the British Computer Society.
For more information or to order the book, contact the author at [email protected].